Monday, September 29, 2008

When & Where

I'm flexible on where, and I'm guessing that the most equitable solution would be to have a rotating schedule of hosts. But I will also listen to the democracy if there are better ideas.

As for when - well, that depends on everyone's schedules, but if we could eke out sometime twice a month (or every other week, if that's how you like to think of it) I think that would be good: enough to keep things rolling, but not so much as to create stress. Some people asked about whether it would be a weeknight or a weekend time slot: personally, my weekends are pretty packed, so I was thinking about a weeknight. You know, instead of poker night, game night. I think it would work out well if we could get 2.5 to 3 hours at a stretch (e.g. 7pm-10pm).

And when do we start? That could be as early as November if we can get a large enough party by then. The only problem with that is the holidays which are likely to complicate everyone's schedules; we might just get started and then not be able to meet again until early 2009. So that is the other option: simply wait to start until January. I'm willing to give it a go earlier if everyone else is on board.

Because the party size will hopefully be around 5 or 6, I think we should implement a quorum system. The reason is, I think it is likely that there will be a number of times when someone has to excuse themselves because of last minute issues, and it would be disappointing to always be cancelling and rescheduling game times. The idea of the quorum is that if at least most of the group, let's say four people, can make a scheduled game time, then we move forward and things don't get bogged down.

Those that could not make it will have a sort of amnesty where their characters cannot be harmed or killed, although the rest of the party will still have the benefit of those characters in combat situations ( I, or somebody else, would play them as NPCs in battles). As for missing part of the story, or a key part of a puzzle, that is where this blog comes. It will serve as a way to keep everyone in the loop as to what's going on in the campaign.


No comments: